here was a point not too long ago when I came to the realization that I'd lost control of what I wanted. Heck, who am I kidding? I wasn't even control to begin with. It got to a point where I almost dreaded shooting an engagement session because I didn't know what to expect. Once, during my first year of business, a client showed up an hour and a half late to an engagement session. Hold on...lemme pause for dramatic effect...AN HOUR AND A HALF!!!
But I soon realized it wasn't my clients' fault...it was mine. How could I expect clients to know just how important arriving on time was if I didn't explain to them in advance? How were they supposed to know the intricacies of shooting with natural light? How could they know what I needed if I didn't tell them in advance?
Through the years, I've grown to lovelovelove engagement sessions and part of why I enjoy them is because I work with the clients in advance to ensure we're on the same page. This installment of Shooting Star, I'll be discussing Engagement Shoot Tips given to clients before their session for an optimal experience. They're as follows, but I go into depth in the video...
1. Send Links to Past Engagement Sessions to Ensure Clients Know What to Expect
2. Explanation of Natural Light and the Importance of Arriving on Time
3. What to Wear on an Engagement Shoot
4. How to Choose and Personalize the Engagement Session Location
5. Explain the Goals for the Engagement Shoot